October was a bumper month for news – and with so much going on in the ‘real’ world, we wouldn’t blame you if you’d missed some of the stories affecting local marketers.
Test out your knowledge of the biggest changes, tests, and bugs hitting headlines in October in the latest edition of Local Quizness – our monthly quickfire quiz created to help you stay on top of the news that matters most. If you wanted to do a bit of revision before attempting the quiz (hey, it’s not cheating, it’s learning!), we’ve included links to all of the stories covered below.
Get quizzing now, and for those of you that’d like to share your scores, head over to Twitter using #LocalQuizness.
Take a look at the full reading list to brush up and learn more:
- Search Engine Land – Bing rebrands and expands Give with Bing
- Google Search Liaison on Twitter – Indexing issues October 2020
- Spread Privacy – Plan Your Route Privately: Search Engine Now Has Driving & Walking Directions
- Local Search Forum – Call history beta appearing in GMB
- TechCrunch – Facebook is working on a Nextdoor clone based on local groups
- Local U – Google Suspending Listings for Making Edits to Profiles
- GatherUp – What We Learned From A “Google Only” Marketing Approach
- Search Engine Land – New listings, reputation and data products to help hotels and restaurants gain insights, boost visibility
- Claire Carlile on Twitter – Google Products bug October 2020
- Joy Hawkins on Twitter – Google My Business video upload size reduced October 2020
See you in December for even more quizzing (erk, where’s that year gone?!?)
The post Local Quizness November 2020 – How Well Do You Know Last Month’s News? appeared first on BrightLocal.